Monday, June 6, 2011

Update #14

Hello!  Jason worked tirelessly the last few weekends and we are officially done with the planting.  Now we have a lot of weeding and mulching to do.  Speaking of weeds, here's the bloom of one weed you might recall:


The lilac bush is in full bloom and we got the second annual photo of Aubrey in the lilacs.  Here it is:

And here is last years, which you may recall seeing already:


The hydrangeas are leafing out, but no sign of buds yet.


Only one shasta daisy came back.  The other three never came up.  So we planted wildflowers in their place, on either side of this planter.  In the planter we put mint.


I transplanted some daylilies on either side of the walkway at the corner of the back of the house.  I read that you can transplant them any time of year.  It recommended cutting the leaves off and just transplanting the stems, but I kept the leaves on, so now they look very sad.  Hopefully they will perk up.

We've put up some toddler fencing because Aubrey was traipsing across the beds.  It works pretty well - she makes no attempt to cross the fence even though it wouldn't be too difficult. 

Clematis!  Very pleased with this, and I want to plant them everywhere.


In the hanging baskets we decided to go with portulaca.

Salvia is blooming.

Side of the house: daylilies, lilies of the valley.

The raised bed, with tomatoes (left), okra sprouting (center) and a greenish yellow creeping plant whose name I can't remember right now, but we're hoping it will grow over and down the box.  I think phlox would be a good replacement if this doesn't work - I see it everywhere around the neighborhood.


That's it for now; let me know if/when you'd like to start your garden blog! I'd be happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment